The Christmas rush has had me delayed in showing off customer quilts. I can’t even remember when I finished this for Jane. My husband thought she did an exquisite job of putting it together – he really liked it. I wish you could see it in person. If I remember right, the strips are right under an inch wide.
So, here is the whole kit and kaboodle.
Jane wanted pineapples quilted all over, so here are some close-ups of what I did.
Details of the border, which is different from the pineapples in the blocks, but seems to go well…
I apologize if the pictures are messed up. My site is saying each of my pictures is too big to upload. So, I’m pulling them from my Flickr site.
Anyhow, I learned a lot quilting this for Jane (as I do with each quilt I quilt). One of the things I did was use matching thread in top and in the bobbin. I was kind of horrified with the ruby stitching (it showed all my mistakes) on the backing of the quilt. If I were to do this over again, I would at least try using a different color of thread in the bobbin to match the backing fabric. I used to do that all the time when I quilted on my domestic machine. I guess I’m afraid to do that on my longarm, because it is so finicky about tension.